When it comes to IT security, do you sometimes wish you could just lock your laptop and mobile away and call it a day? Unfortunately many businesses don’t have the most basic security in place.
With the explosion of mobile device usage at work, lost or stolen devices can often result in lost company files and data. Employees want the freedom to access applications and data on whatever device they choose – whether that’s from home, in the office or more increasingly on the road. At the same time, you need to make sure the data they have access to is safely protected. A larger than ever proportion of businesses also now run Bring Your Own Device ‘BYOD’ policies which can potentially increase the risk of exposure / data loss.
So here are a few things to check up on in your own business:
- Make sure your devices are up to date with the latest software updates and anti-virus updates
- Make sure your email systems are spam / virus filtered
- Check your mobile / tablet devices have pin codes to restrict access
- Check your IT systems can remotely wipe a mobile / tablet if lost or stolen
- Control your users remote access – make sure you record who has access to what and revoke access if required or even if their job role changes
To find out more, please call us on 0845 504 8989, or complete our contact form.