It’s amazing to think but the world wide web is 25 years old, back in 1989 Tim Berners-Lee wrote a paper describing a system of interlinked documents that would be stored in a number of locations. The documents could be viewed using a “browser application” that would open the internet up to possible mass usage.
Here we are in 2014 and look how reliant we now are on the internet and world wide web…
Heres a quick run down on the history of www and some critical moments you may remember!
- 1991 – the first web pages appear on-line
- 1993 – the first web browsers appear for general use, Mosaic
- 1996 – Internet Explorer 3.0 is released by Microsoft free of charge with Windows 95
- 1997 – Google arrived, before this Yahoo provided the main search engine on the net
- 1998 – blogging arrived to the main stream through services and systems such as Open Diary
We can only imagine where the next 25 years will take us but should be an interesting journey.
To find out more, please call us on 0845 504 8989, or complete our contact form.